PRK surgery – experience and reliability
30 years of experience combined with the latest examination and treatment techniques.
A single-laser process that has been used for a long time and is very reliable. The recovery time after surgery is 2-3 days, and excellent long-term results are guaranteed. Surface ablation (PRK) was the first laser method used to correct eye vision. We recommend it primarily for patients with thin corneas and therefore are not suitable for FemtoLASIK and Contoura Vision treatments.
The surgery is quick, however, unlike the flap treatments (FemtoLasik, Contoura Vision), the recovery can be painful at first, and the spectacular recovery can take several weeks.
Advantages of the PRK surgery
- Safe and fast,
- Painless treatment and recovery,
- Calculable and accurate result,
- Reliability (30 years of experience).
Vision correction eligibility examination
Having this detailed and comprehensive eye examination is the first step to a successful PRK surgery. The test consists of various diagnostic tests and is completely painless.
Based on the examination data, our ophthalmologists determine the eligibility of the patient for laser vision correction. It will be determined which types of treatment are appropriate for the patient in order to achieve the best possible result, which can ensure perfect vision without glasses or contact lenses.
Important information before the laser eligibility test
- The whole examination takes about 1.5 hours.
- If you have previous ophthalmological records, bring them with you to the examination.
- To achieve accurate results, we dilate the pupil using eye drops, so you may experience blurred vision after the test. Please avoid driving for 3 hours after the examination.
- Please bring with you a list of any medication that you are taking regularly.
- You are over 18 years old
- Myopic from -1.0D up to -12.0D
- Hyperopic from +1.0D up to +4.0D
- Astigmatic from +4.0D up to -4.0D
- Have not had significant change in vision acuity for one year prior to the procedure date
- Your eyes no longer tolerate wearing contact lenses
- You want to see clearly without glasses or contact lenses
*These lists are intended to serve only as guidance and are not a substitute for an in-person, in-depth eligibility assessment, which can be used to determine eligibility or non-eligibility.
- Autoimmune disease
- Wound recovery problems, keloid susceptibility
- Severe blunt vision
- Existence of cataract/glaucoma
- Pregnancy planned within six months
- Nursing mothers
- Irregular shaped cornea
- Previous herpes infection of the eye
- Severe dry eye problem
- Wears only reading glasses
Am I eligible for a laser vision correction treatment?
Complete our online eligibility test and find out if you are eligible for laser vision correction with a coupon discount of up to HUF 200,000.
Contact lens removal protocol before the eligibility test
|CONTACT LENS TYPE
|WHEN SHOULD I REMOVE MY CONTACT LENSES?
|Soft contact lens
|3 days before the examination
|Hard contact lens
|3 weeks before the examination
The PRK surgery
What happens before the PRK surgery?
Arrange transport home after the operation, as we do not recommend driving for about 1-2 days after the procedure.
Do not wear make-up 24 hours before the operation.
It is recommended that you avoid consuming alcohol 24 hours before and 48 hours after the surgery.
On the day of the PRK surgery
Patients are usually nervous, anxious or agitated before their treatment. This is a totally natural and normal response.
On the day of the surgery, avoid wearing perfume or eau de cologne.
Do not use hair products containing alcohol; hairspray or foam.
Remember to bring good quality sunglasses (you can buy them at our clinic).
What happens after the procedure?
The first compulsory post-operative follow-up visit will take place within 24 hours, with further follow-up visits at one week, one month and 3 months after the date of surgery.
Each post-operative follow-up takes about 10-15 minutes.
Price and discount
The fastest laser device in the world
When it comes to our eyes, only the best is good enough. When planning laser eye surgery, the quality of the laser device is one of the most important factors for the expected result and visual acuity. It is therefore very important that the patient chooses a clinic with the latest, fastest laser units, ensuring the best, most accurate quality of vision available to the patient.
In Budapest, the WaveLight Refractive Suite, the world’s fastest and most advanced laser unit, is only available at the Saint James Eye Clinic.
The WaveLight Refractive Suite consists of two laser devices:
- WaveLight EX500 is the only excimer laser device in the world operating at 500 Hz, which can treat 1 dioptre in 1.4 seconds on average.
- The WaveLight FS200 femtosecond laser is the fastest available in Hungary, which prepares the flap in just 6 seconds on average.
Ready to correct your vision?
Sign up for a free eligibility test preceding laser vision correction